Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Practice, practice.... let me say again, practice....

Having worked with numerous bands and various bars, it is my understanding that most bands will actually practice not only playing with other members of the band, usually referred to as a rehearsal, but also take the time to go over some of the songs that they intend to actually play during the gig.... yeah, that is not always the case.

It's one thing to mess up a song that is a literal last minute request and is not, nor has it been a part of your set list for many years, it's another thing when you arrive at a club to play with a set list and you can't even do those ones.

Am I venting, hell yes!

For this example, I am gonna use Justin Wright and High Octane, and of course yummy Gary.  Anyways.... back on point.  They sound awesome, they get out there and belt out the songs, sometimes have a few issues here and there but nothing that would clear out the bar.  In fact its great how they can turn the moment into something funny.

A band that played last weekend, well SUCKED!  Not only did they not know the words to I am going to have to say about 90% of the songs they sang, but my dog could keep a better tune!  This wasn't derived by my own opinion, this was from me and most of the people who actually stayed most of the night to give the band the benefit of the doubt.

So to that, bands, musicians, etc... please please please, practice what you love, if you can't then perhaps you aren't doing what you really enjoy and time to move on.

On that note... yes, Gary is still hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment! Once I am able to hit the approved button after peeling myself off the damn leather chair I decided to sit in while wearing shorts, your comment should appear.