Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Today, tomorrow, last week...

As the days seem to travel past me faster than I can adjust to them, I am learning that the need to take it one day at a time is truly becoming a challenge.

Some days are great, like today, my San Francisco 49ers took on and beat the Chicago Bears.... awesome does not describe my joy!

Last week was very difficult as my youngest son joined the ranks of our service men and women, he is currently in South Carolina for 7 months.  As upset and concerned that I was, I had a really hard time with the fact that he left a week before Thanksgiving.  It was my 14 year old that made me realize something that brought me out of whatever selfish moments that I seemed to be wallowing in, she basically said, our Military doesn't get the day off, think about all those out there not spending it with their families, and it's probably been years since they have....  wow, my 14 year old basically did a 'talk to the hand' moment on me! 

Don't get me wrong, she was very upset that her brother is leaving for 7 months and her fears are fed with what she reads and views on the t.v and in newspapers, but she is turning out to be one really smart and compassionate cookie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment! Once I am able to hit the approved button after peeling myself off the damn leather chair I decided to sit in while wearing shorts, your comment should appear.