Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Cleansing the past.

I spent my day cleaning up a few things, I guess you could say that it was more along the lines of cleaning out a few skeleton closets.  It wasn't something that I had planned to do, in fact my day was already planned when the sudden urge to just do it came around.  Also, the fact that I almost dropped a box of memories on the garage floor definitely helped the matter.

The first thing that I came across was a note with some information on it, and it had everything to do with my AZ Drummer, from over 9 years ago.  Apparently we were heading to Tucson to watch his daughter participate in a swim meet.  As our relationship was fairly new, my mother insisted on having the license plate number off his truck, his cell number and home address.  Lol...

Seeing that note just reminded me of our conversations prior to my return to AZ.  It reminded me of how anxious and excited I was to be able to see him again, through our conversations I realized that we both thought about each other on occasion over the years and it's unfortunate that despite the obvious care we still had for each other, we never had the chance to see what it would lead to.

As it has now been almost 2 years since we last spoke, I hope that he has found what makes him happy.

I also came across a box that was full of Chicago Bears stuff... so to say the least, today has definitely been a day of memories, both good and bad, healing and letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment! Once I am able to hit the approved button after peeling myself off the damn leather chair I decided to sit in while wearing shorts, your comment should appear.