Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Arizona Dreaming...

Since returning to Arizona, one of the things that I wanted to do was check out all the different sights available, from the Grand Canyon to some of the mines, thus providing an idea of where to take the kids when they come out to visit.  Having met Robert, he too is very interested in doing the same for his children.  So we started our sightseeing this past weekend, our first stop was Lake Roosevelt.

No doubt that there are some awesome places to be seen out here, it is just a matter of finding them.  Unfortunately I checked with the Chamber of Commerce Tourist Information and although the book provided has a lot of pretty pictures of scenery and establishments, it doesn't quite tell you what location you are looking at, so know way to know how to get there, arrrrg!

One of the places that we kept talking about was this turquoise mine/jewelry shop right here in Globe.  It is a place that we both pass on a regular basis so we decided it would be nice to check out.  After finding out the actual name of the place, Sleeping Beauty Turquoise, I checked out their website for visiting hours, was completely stumped by their days/hours thinking that it had to be listed wrong on their website, so I called... nope, not wrong on their website!  The place is open Mon - Fri from 8 - 4pm... What the hell?  As it is actually located on one of the main roads used in and out of town by numerous travelers, wouldn't it be better opened during the weekend as well?  I just don't understand the thinking of this establishments hours of operation.  I guess Robert and I are going to have to go elsewhere to check out some jewelry made with the riches of the local mines.

So now he has left the task of adventure to me.... ughhhh!  I will be researching some locations, both local and not so local, map it out and off we will go.  Currently our major adventure is going to take us away for the entire weekend, The Grand Canyon.  I have been there before, he has not.  It will be an awesome sight for him to see personally as pictures do it no justice.  Until that trip is planned, we will be traveling locally.  I think for our next adventure we are going to check out the Besh-ba-Gowah Archeological Park, but that is just a thought at this time....

If anyone out there in blogger-land has any ideas of some great places to visit here in Arizona, please feel free to provide some input.
************************************************
              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment! Once I am able to hit the approved button after peeling myself off the damn leather chair I decided to sit in while wearing shorts, your comment should appear.